UPOV BMT Working Group on Biochemical and Molecular Techniques: 23-25 September 2020
A hundred participants, representing forty countries and organisations, met on 23-25 September for the 19th BMT (Working Group on Biochemical and Molecular Techniques and DNA-Profiling in Particular) by videoconference.
The programme for this session included:
- two presentations by France:
- on the progress of the CPVO SNP Rapeseed project with the objective of developing a strategy for the use of SNP molecular markers in DUS* Rapeseed testing
- presentation of the CAPGENOPHEN project, the aim of which is to experiment with the integration of molecular marking data for resistance genes in addition to phenotyping in the VCUS** testing process for new cereal varieties. These results applied to VCUS were presented to study their feasibility for DUS, and to complete UPOV model 1, “trait linked to a specific gene”, which only recommends replacing phenotyping by marking.
- continued work on the development of the framework document UPOV/INF/17 “Guidelines for DNA profiling: selection of molecular markers and construction of a database”.
- discussions on the accessibility and use of molecular data from DUS examinations.
*DUS: Distinctness Uniformity Stability
**VCUS: Value for Cultivation, Use, and Sustainability
For more information, you can find all the documentation for this meeting at https://www.upov.int/meetings/fr/details.jsp?meeting_id=55674.