Harmores 3 Project: 6 new protocols for evaluating disease resistance
The Harmores 3 project was funded by the CPVO and piloted by GEVES in collaboration with representatives from 7 examination offices, 9 seed companies, CTIFL and CPPSI, to harmonise protocols for evaluating disease resistance in vegetable varieties for DUS testing. 6 new protocols have been harmonised. These protocols have been submitted to CPVO for official publication in the coming months:
- Meloidogyne incognita/ tomato
- Fusarium oxysporum f. sp. lycopersici race 0EU (race 1US) and race 1EU (race 2US)/tomato
- Erysiphe pisi/pea
- Powdery mildew/melon (Podosphaera xanthii)
- Fusarium oxysporum f. sp. melonis race 1.2/melon
- Fusarium oxysporum f. sp. melonis race 2/melon
They define reference material (isolates and controls), test conditions, notation scales and interpretation rules.
These protocols will subsequently be proposed to UPOV.