Personal Data Protection Policy
The Groupe d’Étude et de contrôle des Variétés et des Semences (GEVES) attaches great importance to the protection of Personal Data. This is why it undertakes to comply with the obligations as data Controller, in accordance with – “Data Protection Act” of 6 January 1978 as amended and -General Data Protection Regulations of 27 April 2016. It also undertakes to allow all Data Subjects to seize and exercise the rights relating to their personal data.
The purpose of this personal data protection policy is to inform you in particular about the data processing, the reasons why we process this data and the rights you can exercise. We invite you to visit this page regularly for updates.
GEVES has appointed a Data Protection Officer (firstname.lastname@example.org) who is in charge of ensuring the compliance of the data processing in accordance with the legislation in force.
- « Personal Data » means any information relating to an identified or identifiable natural person.
- « Processing” means any operation or set of operations which is performed on Personal Data or on sets of Personal Data, whether or not by automated means, such as collection, recording, organisation, structuring, storage, adaptation or alteration, retrieval, consultation, use, disclosure by transmission, dissemination or otherwise making available, alignment or combination, restriction, erasure or destruction.
- « Controller » means any natural or legal person, public authority, agency or other body which, alone or jointly with others, determines the purposes and means of the processing of Personal Data.
- « Recipient » means a natural or legal person, public authority, agency or another body, to which the Personal Data are disclosed, whether a third party or not.
- « Data Subject » or « Individual » means a natural person whose Personal Data are processed by the data Controller.
2. The legal basis of the processing
As a public interest group, GEVES may need to process Personal Data within the framework of:
- The execution of its public service missions,
- Compliance with its legal obligations,
- The proper execution of contracts,
- Its legitimate interest.
In all other cases, GEVES shall collect your consent before any processing of your data by informing you of their future uses.
3. Categories of data
GEVES, in the context of the processing operations referred to in 2. above, may have to process several types of Personal Data, in particular: surname, first name, signatures, postal address, e-mail address, telephone number, banking information, professional status, navigation data (website), connection identifiers.
4. Retention/Storage period
GEVES keeps the collected Personal Data as long as necessary to fulfil the purpose(s) of processing, and to comply with the legal provisions to which it is subject. At the end of this period, the data shall be destroyed or made anonymous.
5. Your rights
In accordance with the applicable regulations, any individual may exercise the following rights:
- Right of access: the Individual has the right to obtain from the Controller confirmation as to whether or not Personal Data concerning him or her are being processed, and, where that is the case, access to the Personal Data.
- Right of rectification: The Individual has the right to obtain from the Controller without undue delay the rectification of inaccurate personal data concerning him or her. Taking into account the purposes of the processing, the Data Subject has the right to have incomplete Personal Data completed, including by means of providing a supplementary statement.
- Right to erasure: the Individual has the right to obtain from the Controller the erasure of Personal Data concerning him or her without undue delay and the Controller has the obligation to erase personal data.
- Right to restriction of processing.
- Right to portability data: the Individual has the right to receive the personal data concerning him or her, which he or she has provided to a Controller, in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format and have the right to transmit those data to another Controller without hindrance from the Controller to which the personal data have been provided.
- Right to object: the Individual has the right to object, on grounds relating to his or her particular situation, at any time to processing of Personal Data concerning him or her which is based on point (e) or (f) of Article 6(1) GDPR.
- Possibility to withdraw your consent: when the processing of your Personal Data is based on your consent, you may withdraw your consent
6. Exercising your rights
The link below refers to the form allowing any person concerned by a processing of Personal Data carried out by GEVES, to exercise his or her rights.